Monday, July 02, 2007

Finito

The slog is done!

I've been doing a happy dance since yesterday afternoon when I finished it.

I still have to make a collar for it, but compared to the miles of knitting I have already done, a collar is nothing. I seamed the thing, it looks like a giant bathrobe, so my main job is done :oP

Pictures? Uh, yeah, I'll get some when I finish the collar on it. I forgot to have DBF take pictures yesterday even though he reminded me that I should get some shots of it for my blog. Oh well, you'll get to see it eventually.

Most of my day yesterday was spent trying to get my bike in working order. I decided that I can no longer afford to feed the gas hog during the work week when I am only 2.5 miles away from my job. There are nice sidewalks the entire way, and once I get near the university, there are nice, wide bike lanes. So, DBF and I went shopping for a gel seat cover, a new lock (someone took my lock off my bike, but left the bike. Tells you a little bit about how craptapulous my bike is, huh?) and a water bottle holder that is fully adjustable, so I can pack my own water bottle and not just whatever one comes with most holders. I got all this stuff, but the bike is still crap. When it tries to go into 1 or 2 gear, it just won't stay there. It always tries to shift up to 3. I may go take it to the bike shop sometime and ask them to do a tune up on it and see if that can help.

I promised you a picture of the dragon shawl in progress too, didn't I? Well, here it is, semi-blocked out, but if you look close, you can see a tail starting...Not the greatest picture in the world, but you get the idea. Unfortunately, I can see a mistake in it, so I will be ripping back to the last lifeline and will do that section again. Allow me to highlight said mistake.I don't think I bolded it enough, but at the top where I have it circled in white is where the mess up is. Somewhere I was off in a row and it caused the slipped stitches, which should look like they do beneath the tail, to get all wonky. Anyways, I'll be ripping. I don't want any mistakes that I can avoid. Since I've been putting in lifelines like crazy too, I don't mind ripping.

That's it for today. As soon as I get a collar on the slog, I'll get pictures of it. Tonight I intend to do some spinning, so I'll show you the results of that soon.

Knit on...

No comments: