Tuesday, July 03, 2007

You Spin Me Right Round...

Yep, so last night was all about spinning. As you know, I signed up for that Virtual Vacation Swap thing. Well, that wool/soysilk blend that I bought and spun up for that isn't going to work. My swapper is allergic to animal products, so I needed something vegan for sure. I went to Stone's Throw and asked Beth what she would recommend, so I came out of there with a nice soysilk roving that I forgot to take a picture of. Soysilk is interesting to spin. It's not as hard as I thought, but you do have to keep and eye on the stuff, else it'll draw in too many fibers. It seems to want to be spun medium fine to me, but mine came out a little thicker after plying relaxed some of the fibers. Without further useless babbling, here's the finished product:Let's just say that I may have to make a run back to Stone's Throw to get more for myself. I really love how this turned out. I forget which colorway this was, but I really like it. I always hate to give away yarn that turned out this nice :oP

I also had bought some roving from Insubordiknit a little while back, but the post office seems to have misplaced the stuff. Thankfully, Jacey is a wonderful person and she shot me out some new roving in the Drunk Sunset and Polyamorous colorways. Drunk is the darker and Poly is the lighter in the center. Drunk is a merino/lincoln cross and Poly is merino.These braids are going to be my next spinning project. Of course I still have a ton of llama fiber left and the blue bag that mom and dad got me for Christmas, so I may work on those some too. The braids are just so pretty that I want to leave them sitting on the wheel for a while

Today is SnB at ReBelle, but Kim won't be there. Hopefully Nikki will come and maybe a couple of others. If not, then it'll be me, knitting on the long-lost Jaywalker sock :oP

Knit on...

No comments: