Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Happy Valentine's Day

Hello from home today. I would be at work, but we had freezing rain last night and the lock mechanism in my car is frozen shut and no blowdryer or boiling water seems to want to work on it right now. So instead, I'm sitting in the house, coughing up a lung, and knitting. Can't beat it, I know, but still, it's aggravating when your car is broken, at least temporarily.

But Happy Valentine's Day to everyone. Hope you have a wonderful day today. Today, I would like to talk a little about DBF.

His picture is a few posts down, holding the foot spa. I would post another picture, but dial-up and blogger don't seem to like each other when it comes to uploading pictures.

DBF and I met over three years ago in a card shop. I saw cards and dice and wanted to know what he and a few other people were playing. Turns out it was the Star Wars TCG from Wizards. I played his cousin first and utterly crushed him (a secret tactic used to get new players hooked on games), then moved on to DBF. I got to see a card that made it in nearly every dark side deck I played...Nexu. DBF crushed me. I was pissed, but that's just because I'm competitive. I wanted to go build my own decks and come back next week and beat them all.

Next week was Origins and they all left. I was desperate to play (as they all could tell by my constant emailings) and when they finally made it back, DBF wasn't there. He had to work...I was sad because I wanted to beat him with my new deck :oP The week after, we played and he still beat me, but I was getting better. The next week is when fate struck us.

I was supposed to go to Shakespear in the Park to see Robin Hood (I know, it's not Shakespear, but I didn't design the thing...) with my friend Erica. She called me up while we were playing cards and said her mother had been crushed by a horse and she had to go be with her in the hospital. I was just glad her mom was OK and told her that we could go to the next one. I came back in and relayed the info to the guys and said, well, I really wanted to see Robin Hood, but I'm just glad her mom is OK. DBF piped up then and said, I'll go with you.

That was our first date in July of 2003. It was a fun evening and it was great company. I really liked him a lot. The next week, he was gone on a photography outing and we talked on the phone a lot (he just now told me that he had a huge bill because of that! I would have helped him pay it!). The rest, shall we say, is history. We've been through good times and bad, deaths in both families, owning a store together, and many more things. I love him more today than I ever have and that love continues to grow more and more each day. I wish we could spend Valentine's Day together tonight, but he has to go to work. Now, if I can get my car lock to open, I may just have to go surprise him and give him a big hug and a kiss before he goes to work.

Stupid car lock, you better get moving. If not, I'm calling AAA on you...

Have a great evening everyone. I intend to spin some red roving into yarn tonight and look at the gorgeous roses that DBF gave me this weekend. They have gotten so big since then and they look even prettier than the day he gave them to me!

Knit on...

No comments: