Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Some Poker, Some Knitting, Some Sleep

I was dragging all day yesterday. I don't know why I was so tired, aside from the fact that I think I'm sick again. It just seems like it's been one right after another this year. Hopefully this will be the last one. I'm not sick enough to stay home though, so I got home, took a quick nap, ate some noodles and valentine's day turtles and went to poker.

I played four hands all night. Yep, 4. I won 3 out of the 4 which is what allowed me to finish 5 last night. First big hand, I had pocket Ks and had two callers. Flop is all low and I bet and they call. Turn is low, I bet, they call. River is low and I have two pair now, so I go all in and they both call with their A high...WTF? They called an all-in bet with an A high? And one of the guys was the points leader at the league...don't they know that I have to have something to go all-in on? Oh well, I took their chips and sat back, knitting, until I hit pocket Qs. One person bets, I say I have to raise above that and she flips her cards thinking that I have folded. She had AQ, so I could have won that hand anyways, but I got a free set of chips because of it since she automatically had to fold to my raise after doing that. I showed her I had Qs and I think she was glad she had to fold. Third hand, I have KJ and flop a straight, so I bet two times the big blind and everyone folds. Cowards! Fourth hand I have K 10 and hit top pair on the board and go all in (short stacked as of this point courtesy of the blinds). The guy had flopped a straight, a low one, but a straight and I was out. On the bright side, I got this much knitting done:

All five inches of lace done, two inches of stockinette done, it's moving along! I'll be knitting on it more tonight at SnB or poker, depends on if anyone wants to stitch tonight.

Knit on...

No comments: