Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Crunch Time

I love deadlines. I know that they are coming up, I see them on my calendar, I even hear them announced in classes, but do I work on things until the last minute? Nope, that's just not me. I've got nine pages of a 15 page paper now that's due tomorrow, so I have to get moving on it. I'm really hoping that I can get the thing done this morning before I have to go help set up for our big meeting on Friday. Blah.

Oh, and I am really not liking petroleum geology. I like fossils, not the goo they become if they're algaes and other soft bodied things. Anyways...

Last night I went to SnB at Jane's. It was nice to see everyone again. Normally I run on Tuesday nights, so I haven't been able to get out and say hello to everyone, but Rebecca is still sick with the flu and I would prefer it if she would stay far away from me while she has that. So, I ran right after work and almost ran a full lap. The full lap was not as good as the first time I almost ran a full lap. That time running felt good, yesterday, running was not high on my list of fun things to be doing at that moment, but I pushed through and made it to the top of the last big hill before I had to walk. I'm going to see if I can push myself a little further on Thursday. I'd really like to be able to run the whole 5k and while it doesn't seem like much to run that extra mile, it is quite a bit more when my mile time is close to 14 minutes right now. Oh well.

Does anyone want to buy me some new running shoes? The ones I have now are from Walmart and they are already breaking down. I may have to see what money I have left after this weekend and go buy a decent pair of shoes.

The sloggy knit isn't worth photographing right now. It's over 2 feet of stockinette now, so it is growing quite rapidly, but it just won't grow fast enough for my liking. Blah.

Knit on...

No comments: