Tuesday, April 03, 2007

This is the scarf that never ends...

Or at least that's how I feel about the fiddlehead scarf. I'm through two pattern repeats now and I have come to a morbid conclusion that I am not going to have enough yarn to finish this thing. Before I get to that though, look, a scarf in progress!
This is the back neck part of the scarf. It ends up being straight garter stitch through the whole thing and is only maybe 3 inches wide so far.
Here is the pattern part of the scarf. It's a little over four inches wide now, but with major blocking, I can probably get it to five inches or so.
Here are the fiddlehead parts in all their tangled glory. Again, blocking should do wonders with this. Finally, here is how much yarn I have left. I need to do another full repeat and I just don't think I'll have enough.
For a better view, Serra Sphinx says hello and wonders why she isn't in my blue/white Magic deck that I'm working on.

I'm going to at least start the next repeat. We'll see how it's looking when I get to the wrapped stitches. If I run out of yarn, just ignore than blood curdling scream you may hear.

I also went running last night. God help us all, I have now been running 3 times in the past 5 days. The world is coming to an end...

Knit on...

No comments: