Friday, April 13, 2007

Slogging

So I joined the Mason Dixon Knitting Slogalong yesterday to help encourage myself to finish this duster coat. I saw some of the other projects that people are working on and I think that this is definitely the space that this coat belongs to. Anyways, here's a picture of the thing in progress. I've switched to photographing it in black and white so that it shows up better.

It's about 12 inches long after working on it some last night. I was in one of those funky moods that just seem to hit every now and then. I'm blaming the weather since it was so cloudy, cold, and blah the past few days. It's still cloudy and blah, but after sleeping for 8 hours last night, I feel less blah myself. I was supposed to run with Rebecca last night, but she called and cancelled because she was sick. So, I ran over to poker and could have gotten in the tournament, but I had actually only gone over there to see DBF for a little bit. I still wanted to do something exercise-wise since I wasn't going to run (it was cold and blah outside, remember?). I got to thinking on the way over to poker that I should go to the little mall by my house and walk, so I decided to do that. I didn't stay at poker very long and I didn't want to distract DBF from his cards, so I went over to the mall and walked.

I ran into my grandparents who apparently had the same idea since it was so cold outside. I probably could have ran like DBF said and no one would have even noticed me there. I could count the people at that mall on one hand. It was rather sad and didn't help my blah mood much.

I came home after walking and knit some and watched the Office. Some nights you just need some comedy on TV, so that was good. I got tired about 9:30 and went to bed. Terribly exciting evening, huh? Spooky didn't want to go to bed, and I could still hear her chewing on her cage, wanting back out when I was trying to get to sleep. The rabbit was definitely not in a blah mood :oP

I'm better today. I think it was just one of those days when you wake up on the wrong side of the bed. Maybe I was just tired or something, who knows. Maybe the lack of hot water at the house when you really want to take a morning bath put me in a blah mood. Have I mentioned I'll be happy to get out of this house in another month?

Knit on...

No comments: