Saturday, April 28, 2007

When An Offer Seems To Good...

It probably is. I called the company about the camera when I got an email from them saying they needed to get in touch with me. Turns out they do this to everyone to try to talk them into buying more stuff. While on the phone, I found out that the camera is a Japanese body and that it's Japanese formatted, so there would be no English on the menu. Now if I were fluent in Japanese, this wouldn't be a problem.

I told them I wanted to cancel the order and Pissy Peter got all huffy with me saying that I wouldn't be able to find a better deal on this camera. Well, of course I won't be able to find one this cheap, but hell, this may seem like a strange concept, but I would like my camera to be in my native language. When I told him I wanted to cancel the order, he said "Fine!" and then hung up the phone on me!

Not the way to deal with customers. I may have bought memory cards and such from them in the future if they had treated me better. But, for now, I want to just leave a little warning for you all. The company is usaphotonation.com They will try to pressure you into stuff that you don't want and they get all pissy if you want to cancel the order. Good news is that my credit card was not charged and I didn't get stuck with a bad camera. Lesson learned. I'll be getting a D40x from B&H photo if I do go buy a digital any time soon. I think this also may have been God's way of telling me to use that tax refund towards the credit cards.

On a lighter note, I finished my first 5K today! I ran the whole thing, in about 45 minutes! DBF ran/walked it with me, but I'm such a slow runner that he could walk as fast as I could run. That's OK though. I managed to prove to myself that I could run the whole thing. Now I'll shoot on improving my time for the next one in May. I'm going to go collapse now...

Knit on, run on...

No comments: