Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Good Intentions

Yep, I had every intention last night to finish the ribbing on Donegal and be ready to start into the main body pattern by today. I brought it with me to SnB, knit until the next colorchange, and then realized that I had left one of the eleven balls of yarn at home, of course the one that I needed to change to next. So, back in the bag it went and on to the sock I knit:It's actually almost to the heel now, so it should fly from there. I'll be glad to finish one sock since then I'll be half way done. It's cold enough that Erica could probably stand to use wool socks right now. Plus, I would like to give her her birthday present before over a month has past...

Today at lunch is SnB with Kim, so I'm looking forward to that. I even brought Donegal, ALL of Donegal, with me today so I can make some progress on the ribbing. I doubt I'll finish it at lunch, but I have a chance to finish it tonight when I stay home and curse how cold it is and icy and everything.

On a personal note, yesterday my great-grandfather had to be put into a nursing home. I knew the thought would hit me hard yesterday, but it didn't really sink in until I saw how hard it was on my grandmother. My great-grandmother had a very hard time coming to this decision and she feels awful about having to do this, but she's just not physically able to take care of Papa anymore. I know I would never want to have to make that decision, so I can only imagine the pain she's going through right now. Papa may or may not remember what's going on, but I just pray that he doesn't get resentful or angry towards her in any way. So keep my family in your prayers if you don't mind, especially for my great-grandparents and my grandmother.

Knit on...

No comments: