Monday, February 18, 2008

Pictures, Pictures Everywhere

Yeah, so I knit this weekend. I was determined to finish the ribbing on Donegal and get a couple of pattern rows done, and I did. I worked on Donegal until my eyes went buggy from reading the tiny chart. I'll be making a photo copy of the chart and blowing it up today so that I can see a tad better. Anyways, here's Donegal:The front shot and the requisite back of the stranded knitting shot:And I wove in the 50 million ends from the ribbing so that I didn't have a heart attack when the whole sweater was finished. I decided that I would weave in the ends as I go so that it's less work at the very end. Anyways, I also worked on the sock some. I should have a heel by tonight:And last night after my eyes went buggy from looking at the Donegal chart, I decided to make a hat out of the Insubordiknit hand-dyed roving that I spun up a while ago. It's the polyamorous colorway which knit up prettier than I thought it would:I very loosely used the pattern for the Hot Stuff hat from Stitch 'N Bitch. I added a pom pom and knitted the hat in the round instead of having to seam it up at the end. I could have used a little more length on there if I were making it for myself. This will probably be a Christmas present for someone next year.

Yesterday was the baby shower for my cousin's new baby. She really liked the crochet baby blanket that I made and she got a ton of stuff that she needed, especially since the baby decided to come out a little earlier than anyone planned on. Here's the proud mama and papa:That's it for today. Tomorrow there may be a heel. I'll have to see how much I get done at lunch today.

Knit on...

No comments: