Friday, February 22, 2008

Ice Storm---2008!

Uh, yeah. So we had a bunch of hype about the impending doom of an ice storm hitting us. Everyone is a little leery when an ice storm warning pops up because of the 2003 storm where all hell broke loose and trees were down, 2/3 of the city had no power, and the university even closed down for 2 days (that never happens). It was an awful event. So, yesterday we get this ice storm warning, get dismissed from work early, and then sit back and watch the bread, milk, and beer fly off the Kroger shelves (Erica and I had bread, milk, and wine personally).

So, since I spent the last ice storm with Erica, I figured it would be appropriate to hunker down and spend this one with her. That and I couldn't scrape the ice off my car when I was ready to go home, so I stayed over there. This morning, I woke up and it was rain. The ice came off my car really easy, and I cursed that I have to come in to work today. Just once I want the university to cancel so that I can have a long weekend and finish this sock:I did get quite a bit of sock knitting in yesterday while we watched the impending doom of the ice storm. I should have this pair of socks done by tonight, and I'll be glad to be done. I want to make a pair of socks that do not involve the names Jay or Walker. And I've got all this new sock yarn sitting in my stash right now that I got for Christmas and I want to make myself a pair of socks. The bee stripe socks were the last pair I made for me and how long ago was that? Anyways, I'm going to try Monkey next I think. I just have to figure out what yarn to use.

Hope everyone has a good weekend. I'll be knitting more than likely and wishing for a good snow for once.

Knit on...

No comments: