Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Miter Addiction?

So last night, I saw the remnants of a ball of Noro Silk Garden that I had used for the last calorimetry I made, and since I've seen umpteen people using those scraps to make mitered blankets that will be completed in 20 years, I decided that I would like to start a Noro scrap blanket as well. So, I cast on for a miter using the Mason Dixon Knitting mitered blanket square pattern. I ran out of yarn before I could finish the miter, so I grabbed some of the Noro Silver Thaw I had left over and used it to finish the square:All I wanted to do after I finished this miter was cast on another one. I could see this becoming an addiction real fast. First, I can finish one in about an hour and a half or less. Second, they're pretty colors. Third, since it stripes itself, no massive weaving in of ends at the very end. Lastly, it's freaking Noro, how can you not like the look?

Anyways, I think the rest of the Silver Thaw is going into miters. I might make one at lunch. I did remember to bring my Starmore book with me today, so I can actually photocopy the colorwork pattern and enlarge it so that my eyes don't go buggy. Oh, and I did finish the heel on Erica's sock yesterday:Just have to gusset now and then it's on to the feet. Guess I should actually go find out what shoe size she wears so that her socks will fit, huh?

That's it for today. There might be more miters on here. I just have to remember that I cannot go buy Noro for a scrap blanket...it defeats the purpose, right?

Knit on...

No comments: