Tuesday, September 05, 2006

One of those days

Ever wake up knowing it was just going to be one of those days...I did this morning. I go to start my car at 7 AM and the battery is dead once again. Stupid autozone. So I called my grandmother and she came and drove me to work. Guess what I get to look forward to when I get home. Why is the battery dead once again when they say the alternator is fine? Oh well.

Yesterday was a sad day. Steve Irwin, of Crocodile Hunter fame was killed by a stingray barb through the heart. I always thought that he would die via crocodile or great white or something, but not a stingray. I'm rather sad that he died. He was one of those quirky personalities that I was just drawn to. Whenever the show was on, I was watching. I even watched the kids show Croc Files in the mornings just because I liked him and Terri. I wish Terri the best and hope that their kids will be fine.

I also worked on a lot of different projects this long weekend. Here's the slew on the kitchen table:
I finished the first of mom's socks:
I started a gecko scarf in honor of Irwin. The name of the gecko will be Steve.
I worked some more on the latest felted bag. This is going to take more yarn than I thought I think...
And finally, I worked on DBF's sweater which is still hating to have its picture taken...

Yep, giant black blob. It's really blue and has a nice striping pattern. Oh well. As long as it looks good on him when its done. There's the knitting/crocheting update for this weekend. Better get to work.

Knit on...

No comments: