Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Back to Being Human

Yes, I am feeling much better today. It's amazing what a day of rest will do to a person. While resting, I knit up a storm, worked on a new Magic deck, and did laundry until everything in the house was cleaned and lysoled to remove any excess viral remainders so that Spooky or DBF don't get sick. Anyways, here's a completed sock:
It fits very nicely too I might add. Can't wait to finish its mate so that I can have a new pair of socks to wear to work. I also doubled the length of DBF's Christmas/Valentine's Day scarf (had to push it back since Christmas is now over!).

The club was not easy to chart out and have it look like a club. That was as good as I can get it, but you can tell what it is. I'll post the pattern once I get the whole thing completed. The name is Poker Stud, so look for it in the near future. It's made with 100% alpaca in sport weight on size 3 needles (hence why it is taking longer than expected). I can't wait to get it done though because I think it is one of the nicer things that I have knit and it's special since it's for DBF. He's seen it already, so he knows it is eventually going to get to him :oP

I weighed in at Weight Watchers last night and I lost 2 pounds in my first week. I'm pretty happy about that since I am sure I have screwed up my metabolism somewhere while doing the yo-yo dieting of the past year or so. I actually wrote down every bite of food that entered my mouth. As they say, if you bite it, you write it. Get your minds out of the gutter now :oP

Knit on...

1 comment:

Erica said...

That reminds me of a story...oh, never mind.

Glad you're feeling better!