Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Back to Work

I had a nice day off from work yesterday (gotta love having a state job sometimes) and knit like crazy on sock 2 of 2. I'm past the heel, doing the gusset decreases and about to start on the plain knit foot of the sock, so I made some progress. I could have done more if I hadn't eaten bacon by accident last night and felt sick afterwards (stupid me, gotta remember to look at the food before I eat it in case it has meat in it).

But anyways, I'm back at work today, so my relaxing day off has come to an end. Here's a sock in progress for you to look at:

Once I get done with this sock, it'll be time to finish DBF's scarf. I think it's portable enough to take to poker, so I'll start working on it there (seems appropriate since it has the poker suits on it). I'm hoping to get a lot more done on the sock today at lunch and breaks and also at SnB tonight.

I have come to the conclusion that I need a weekly SnB. Last poker season, I managed to skip SnB for playing poker and I still didn't qualify for any of the final tables except the Monday night league. So I decided that this season, I'm going to go to SnB on Tuesday nights and then play poker on Mondays and Thursdays so that I'll still get two nights of poker play, but I'll also get my SnB time. We'll see how it works out.

I better get my butt ready for class now. Have I mentioned that I really don't think I want to get my masters now? I'm in a rut and I need a change. How does South Korea sound for a change? As long as they have yarn there...

Knit on...

No comments: