Friday, January 19, 2007

Happy Freaking Friday

I was in a good mood when I left for work. Now that I'm hear and I see the moldy ceiling tiles, my cubicle, and the pile of work in front of me, I think maybe I should have stayed home and knit...

But knit I did yesterday, and knit again I shall do today. I'm working on DBF's poker scarf right now. I'm on the last pattern repeat before I switch the pattern around and go back the other side. I want to make it so that no matter how he puts on the scarf, the pattern will be right-side up and not hanging upside down instead. So it's coming. No pictures of it right now because it looks about the same as the last time I posted it, just longer. I'm hoping that I can get the front section done either this weekend or early next week. Then I'll have to collaborate with him to see what he wants for the back.

I was thinking that the best two options would be to make another section and put Magic symbols on it so that the scarf would be reversible, or to take fleece with a poker print, cut it to fit the scarf dimensions and use that for the back. The third option would be to do the back in a solid color like the dominant gray of the front. He can pick what he likes best.

Anyways, I'm already ready to go home. This weekend is the Planar Chaos Magic pre-release, so DBF and I will go fork over our money to the Magic gods, do a dance before them, and hope that they bless us with bomb cards and don't take out their anger on us and make us pass the tournament winning deck again...

Knit on...

No comments: