Monday, July 10, 2006

Ah, the weekend

Weekends are good, mmmkay? (best Mr. Mackey voice she can muster)

Saturday DBF and I ran away to the Coldsnap Pre-release for Magic. I don't know what to think about this new set, but there are some possibilities for sure. Just will have to explore the set more. DBF and I will have our usual case delivered in a few weeks, so let the exploring begin!

We also played disc golf on Saturday out at the local park where the pre-release was held. We did pretty good on the course too. Definitely could have been much worse.

The big accomplishment on Saturday was the fact that we went to Dairy Queen and I didn't get a blizzard...I only got a small cone. I was happy with that too. Good choices for once.

Knitting? You mean you want to hear about knitting? Well, I'm still on my hiatus. I've been too busy to sit down and work on lace. I have worked a little on Knit Picks candle flame shawl while on lunch breaks at work. It's about four inches long now, so it's trying to grow a little. Gotta love lace, it'll last you forever while you're poor. I'm making the shawl out of this:

It's space dyed cotton chenille from ebay. It's really a sport weight I think, but i decided to try the lace pattern with it and it feels like butter. Such a good feel to this yarn and it's knitting up wonderfully. I also have eight skeins of this stuff in a more worsted weight cotton chenille that I'm still trying to figure out what to make with it. Four skeins are a pale blue and the other four are a pale mint green. The colors go together, or so I'm told. Damn green/red colorblindness!

Oh, you didn't know that about me? Yep, I'm colorblind. It's really rare in females. Lucky me :oP

Any suggestions on what to do with the pastel yarn? I'm thinking washcloths for people for Christmas, but it's so nice that I feel it should be made into more. Do I really need another shawl? I don't know if there is enough for anything else though. But what about a shell?

Suggestions are welcome, I need to get at it here.

Knit on...

No comments: