Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Rain? Thunder? Yarn?

Yep, almost time to go to the yarn store and it's cutting lose. Rain, lightning, thunder, the whole shebang. If a funnel cloud pops down, it would only complete the ensemble.

Will I still be going to the yarn store?

Yes.

And for some random musings, I got to thinking about yarn diets versus real ones. Here are my thoughts:

When splurging on a regular diet, you go and buy a 75 cent candy bar.
When splurging on a yarn diet, you go buy 70 dollar merino hand spun, hand-dyed.
Winner: Regular Diet

When emotional on a regular diet, you go and gorge yourself on whatever food.
When emotional on a yarn diet, you go fondle yarn.
Winner: Yarn Diet

When you lose weight, you get excited about being skinnier.
When you de-stash yarn, you feel the impulse to have your stash grow again.
Winner: Regular Diet

When you go down a dress size, you celebrate with new clothes.
When you de-stash, you buy more yarn.
Winner: Tie

That's all I can think of right now. I'm less than 25 minutes away from running away screaming from work and heading to the yarn store. The thought of new yarn excites me and the thought of getting to play disc golf or just hang out with DBF after that excites me even more :oP

Knit on...

No comments: