Thursday, July 06, 2006

Pride Sucks

So, more from the vacation report now that I am much more awake and am getting back into the normal routine. While at Origins, I came to a realization that I don't like very much...I'm not the skinny girl anymore.

Now let me explain, and please don't bash me for this. I'm making a generalization, but this does not always fit. A lot of gaming girls are plump. Nothing wrong with that, as long as they're happy with who they are. They flaunt what they've got and the guys definitely notice. Go gamer girls. Now, the problem is with me...I was always the skinny gamer girl. I used to always feel thin when at Origins.

Not this year...I have joined the ranks of the larger gamer girls. 230...geez, what the hell happened? OK, I know what happened...it involves snickers bars and blizzards, but that's beside the point. It's one thing to have your feelings hurt when someone buys you a pair of pants and you realize they are size 18 versus the 8 you used to wear just 4 years ago. It's an entire different animal when something you take pride in is suddenly gone. I want to be the skinny gamer chick again.

I went home last night and pulled out some pictures. I think this one sums up the whole thing:

Yep, bigger than I've ever been. There's my starting point. I cleaned out my car last night to just show myself the amount of crap that I have been eating lately. There are so many good fruits and veggies out there right now that it's summer, so blizzards will be replaced with an ice cream cone, the snickers with some fresh fruit, and I'll start eating healthier. I've already started, just gotta stick with it. I'm going to the farmers market on my lunch break to go get some good yummy foods today.

There is my random rant for today. Hopefully I didn't piss anyone off with this. I'm just not happy with myself right now, that's all.

On the bright side, if I lose weight, I can use less yarn for patterns :oP

Knit on...

No comments: