Thursday, July 13, 2006

Yarn!

Yes, I have bought my yarn for the month. I need to use a lot more yarn this month just to break even. I'm getting there though. I made my first trip to the new LYS in town called Magpie Yarn. I had met the owners first, when I met the Yarn Harlot, and then again when I went to see the Morehouse Farm Merino sheep. They seemed like nice people. They told me their store would be opening in May and for me to come anytime and check it out.

Things always seem to come up, so it's mid-July and I just now made it over there. It may have been good that I waited this long. I bought far too much yarn. 11 skeins to be exact. They had New England Highland Wool for a very reasonable price, so of course I bought 6 skeins of that. The two colors are called High Bermuda and High Loden Blue. Bermuda is an aqua color and the loden is more of a green from what I could tell. They will be going to make the plate tectonics scarf which can be found here.

I also bought 5 hanks of black Euroflax to make the nightgown from Mason Dixon Knitting. I've been wanting to make this for a while now, but just hadn't picked up the yarn for it, so when I saw the stuff, I had to buy it. I really liked the black color, so thought that I would try my hand at that. The pattern for that can be found in:

I'm enjoying making many things from this book. Between it and my Morehouse Farm book, I think they are my two favorites. Once I get in the mood to cable, I'm sure Inspired Cable Knits will be up there too.

After going to the yarn store after work, I went and played disc golf with DBF. I was in a really weird mood last night. It was like I wanted to do stuff, but I was so physically drained that I didn't want to do anything. So I made myself go out and play, and I'm glad that I did now. I need all the exercise I can get to help me drop the weight. I'm down 2.4 on my first week back on weight watchers. I'm in a much better mood today now at least. I blame hormones. But can't all women blame hormones? :oP

That's it for now. It's time to start getting stuff together since the week is coming to an end. Today is farmer's market day at work, so hopefully it will stop raining by lunch time!

Knit on...

No comments: