Thursday, December 07, 2006

Two Completely Different Looks

Ok, first and foremost, here's the roving that Emily gave me that blogger fritzed out on and wouldn't let me post yesterday:
It's quite nice and will go nicely with the skeins I already spun of kid mohair/merino blend from Erica. Last night my order from Veganessentials.com came in and I dug into the package, pulling out vegan cream of chicken soup (need this to make my favorite casserole), vegan "ribs" mix, no chicken soup, vegan jello, pudding, and ener-g egg replacer. I am impressed that it came some quick. They even sent me two eggless cinnamon rolls to try (um, yeah, they're both gone courtesy of desert last night and breakfast this morning). Last night I made a country type dinner:

It doesn't looke pretty, but it's the vegan "ribs", cornbread, and two pickles. I shouldn't have made that much because I'm still stuffed this morning and I have leftover ribs too. They actually tasted really good. I was surprised that the texture really was so meat-like. I will buy this stuff again, but I think it will just be one of those once-in-a-while dishes. I ate all that and after a few hours, I ate the cinnamon roll. That's the most I've eaten for dinner in the past month not counting Thanksgiving! It was good though, so I give the ribs a B+

Wednesday evenings are for spinning, so I did just that:


I played around with different color combinations from the same bag of roving and came up with two completely different looking skeins. I love the red and black one. I hate to part with it, but it's going to a good cause. Here's a close-up:

It's a thick and thin yarn, but not too much variation in there. The red one is similar too, just not as stark of a contrast of colors.

These came from the same bag of roving, but I ripped the black off in strips for 1/2 a bobbin and then did the same for red for the other 1/2. I'm really quite pleased with how it turned out.

In knitting news, I finished knitting my grandmother's sweater, now I just have to seem it up. I think that for SnB tonight, I'm going to take both my mom's cardigan and my grandma's sweater with me to start doing the seeming thing. I've let my mom's cardigan sit there for over a week now with no finishing done on it. I want to get them done so that I can figure out what to work on next. I think some crochet dishcloths are coming up for my other grandma who keeps dropping hints that she really wants some more dishcloths :oP I haven't made a dishcloth since last Christmas when I went through three cones of sugar and cream making dishcloths. I lost count of how many I did after 50. Everyone got dishcloths last year. This year they're all getting sweaters, socks, and scarves.

Knit on...

1 comment:

asterpurl said...

Hey Leah,

Your yarn looks gorgeous! I am inspired by your spinning!

I'm glad you like the roving. Thank you so much for my beautiful yarn.

I'll be updating my blog (what? she has a blog?) soon.... thought I would comment on your pretty yarn and send you my link at the same time. I've got you in my bloglines now! :-)

Emily