Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Wrapping, Seaming, Sushi-ing

So last night was about wrapping presents for the most part. Seeing as I'll be flying in a few days, I decided not to wrap anything that I will be taking with me since I've heard they will open it up if your luggage is inspected. Instead I have a giant bag which will hold everything in it so that certain people don't see their presents before I can get them wrapped and under the tree. I wrapped all of DBF's presents, his mom's, my friends', and my grandparents'. I also stuffed stockings for DBF and my grandparents. I don't know why, but last year I put together a stocking for DBF and enjoyed it so well that I decided it needed to happen again this year.

Anyways, after stuffing and wrapping, I finished sewing up this:

Grandma's five hour raglan sweater. I've come to the conclusion that the five hours includes an hour of knitting and four of seaming. Blah. It's done, it's soft, it looks like something my grandmother would wear (not too flattering on me though...). Let us never speak of the size 50 tree trunks again...

I made sushi last night for dinner and then made another roll for lunch today. I'm on a sushi kick for some reason. It's vegan sushi, but it's that wonderfully seasoned rice that makes the whole thing after all. Plus I'm getting really good and rolling up the sheets of nori. Now if I could just work on those chocolate chip cookies...


I've also been working on Grandpa's sock:


The heel has been turned and now it's just knit, knit, knit until the end. I need to finish that by tomorrow. Hopefully it'll be done. If not, then he'll open up one sock and I'll give him the other when I get done.

Tonight I'll be playing poker, trying to win some last minute Christmas money. I'll also be knitting.

Knit on...

No comments: