Friday, December 01, 2006

Windy, windy, windy

Yep, it's howling outside right now. I had to call in to work today because my car wouldn't start and since it was pouring rain and the wind was howling, I figured that was enough of an excuse to use a vacation day. So I went out to find out what was wrong with the car (as if I can tell what's wrong!) once it stopped raining and I noticed that one of the wires connected to the battery was loose. Well, I went inside, got a wrench, and tightened it. Lo and behold, the car started! I fixed my own car, even though it wasn't that bad of a fix!

Last night I went to Janes for SnB. We had about five people there, so it was a small turnout, but a fun one. We all made fun of my giant needles (uh-huh-huh in Butthead voice), wondering how one could knit with size 50s and keep their sanity (I didn't, I reverted to a sock after an hour and a half), and also making fun at all out projects. It was a good evening.

I made a batch of cookies to take there because while reading the ingredients on the cookies, I found out that they have egg in them, so I can't eat them? Why you may ask? I have found out that I am allergic to some sort of meat. My doctor is afraid that I am actually allergic to all land-based animals, so I am not allowed to eat any meat or eggs until the allergy bloodwork comes back and we can determine exactly what the culprit is. So I have gone vegan, rather unintentionally. I do have to admit that I feel the best I've felt in a long time, my stomach hasn't bothered me even one bit, and I've lost 7 pounds in 3 days. I'm not complaining. I've discovered a line of frozen foods called Amy's that I am now in love with too, so it's causing me to experiment some now.

Anyways, I made cookies to get rid of them. I saved the snickerdoodles for DBF because I know that he really liked those, so I'll make a batch up tonight or tomorrow for him (or both!). I'm also cooking the 10 pound turkey that I have in my fridge. I'll be giving most of that away to friends and family.

Pictures, you want pictures? I would, but I'm on dial-up right now and I can't get the computer to move fast enough to download them. I'll get pictures to you on Monday when I get back in to work.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Knit on...

No comments: