Monday, October 15, 2007

Lots of Knitting

This weekend, I knit. I knit a lot. I also watched football. Did you happen to see the UK vs LSU game? Go Cats! That was quite fun to watch, and nerve racking too.

Anyways, before I get into knitting, Friday last week had one of the weirdest cloud formations I have ever seen. It looked like a wall was floating closer to campus.It was just a solid cloud wall, and it eventually covered the whole sky. It was kinda cool to see though.

Knitting-wise, I worked on the mystery stole for a good chunk of the weekend and am now on clue 6.It looks like crap right now, but that is the miracle that is unblocked lace. I'm hoping that I won't regret making the wing. I kind of like how it's looking, but that OCD part of me is screaming that the thing is not symmetrical and it's going to look like two stoles grafted together. Shut up, OCD voice!

I also worked on the second Jaywalker and am now to the heel flap.I can't wait for these socks to be done since I think they very much look like Halloween socks. Quite appropriate for Socktober :oP

I heard from DF and he's doing fine in Seoul. He'll be heading to Gwangyang today to settle in. Good news is that I finally have a job offer in Gwangyang as well! I've got to look at the contract carefully, but once I assure myself that there's nothing weird in there, I'll sign it and take the job. I'm just glad to finally get an offer, and especially glad to get the offer in the same city as DF. He's going to go look for the school that I would be teaching at since it's a high school there and he should be able to find it.

My computer is running about as fast as a hamster on valium right now, so I better end the post before it eats it.

Knit on...

3 comments:

Ann said...

That was a very cool cloud formation. I don't think I've ever seen that happen.

Your stole is coming along beautifully.

And congratulations again on the job offer! I'm so excited for you.

Janis said...

Congratulations on the job offer!

Unknown said...

I thought the clouds looked strange that morning too. Glad I wasn't the only one. It almost looked like a mountain in the distance or something.

Congrats about the job offer!

Oh and....GO CATS! I kept wishing I had taken my knitting with me to get rid of my nervous energy with all those OTs. Usually if I don't have knitting with me and I get nervous about a game I tend to pace...but I had to keep from doing that at my boyfriends house, so instead I just bounced through all 3 OTs and part of the 4th quarter.