Wednesday, October 03, 2007

WIP it Out Wednesday

See, I used to knit things other than dishcloths! Really, I did! Yesterday, while I was sitting home still feeling slightly miserable, I did some heavy knitting on these other projects. I am almost 1/2 way done with clue 4 of the mystery stole thanks to yesterday's knitting.Unblocked lace always has that icky look to it. Once it's blocked, this will look much better. I decided that I am going to knit the wing, so I'll just keep plowing through clue 4 as of this point. I'd like to be 3/4 of the way done with it tonight. It's a big clue, so I doubt I can get all the way through clue 4 by tonight. I also worked on DF's Christmas present.I'm really liking the cable pattern on this so far. Here's a close-up, but once again, the cables seem a little elusive to photograph without natural light.I even pulled out the Jaywalkers to work on some too. Poor abandoned socks. They're out of my favorite sock yarn too (Lorna's Laces for anyone who wants to know!), but when the dishcloths hit, even the sock was left behind.I'm really liking the bee stripe yarn because of the zig-zagging.

I also went to that beading workshop at my grandparents' church on Monday night before I started getting sick. We were making Anglican prayer beads. Here's my finished set.It's kinda hard to tell, but they did turn out really nice. It's kind of like a rosary, just instead of 10 beads in between each set, there's 7 and there's only 4 sets and not 5 like the rosary. They gave us a booklet of prayers to use with them too, so that was nice.

And one last parting dishcloth picture...Knit on...

3 comments:

Robyn Wade said...

Wow, you are so productive. I am very impressed with the dishcloths.

Noneofyourbusiness. said...

Everything looks great! You sure are a fast knitter. :)

BTW I'm going to be in Lexington the 19-21 of this month- maybe I'll get to see you! :)

Knitting Magic Girl said...

I should be here unless I get a job offer in the next 2 hours :oP Will you be coming to ReBelle or just be running around?