Monday, October 01, 2007

A Little Bit of Magic, A Little Bit of Family, A Little Bit of Knitting

I did a little bit of everything this weekend it seems. I went to Louisville on Saturday for the Magic pre-release of Lorwyn. Knitters, unless you play Magic, you can tune the next paragraph out and skip to the end :oP I don't know what to think about Lorwyn. I like the tribal theme, but then again, I've been playing tribal for years, so that's no surprise to anyone who already knows the type 2 decks I normally play. The rest of the stuff just seems like it's too busy. There's too much new stuff, janky mechanics, and even planeswalkers to really confuse the sets. I can't decide what I think about it. Maybe it's a good time to not play Magic for a year when I get over to Korea. Who knows, maybe we'll find some English-speaking Magic players over there too. Here's DF getting some cards signed by Matt Covatta (sorry if I butchered the name there, I'm too lazy to look him up right now).Yes, he was making that face on purpose. It's supposed to be his "in awe" face, but I think I caught it at a bad moment. Oh well.

We had a family picnic yesterday that was a lot of fun. I found out that I have a cousin already over in Korea, about 60 miles East of where DF will be heading. It's always good to know some people wherever you may be going, so that made us feel good. We told the family and everyone thought it was a great opportunity for us. That and they all expect us to get married over there. We were glad that they were all so supportive of it.

In knitting news, I am going to be through with the dishcloth parade today! Woot!I'm done with four of the summer cloths and I'm about 1/4 way through the fifth one. I should have five done by lunch and the sixth sometime this afternoon when I get home from work. I'm going to be doing some beading tonight for a change too. My grandma asked me if I wanted to go to church with her tonight to make something called Anglican Prayer Beads. They look a lot like a rosary, but there are different prayers than for the rosary associated with the Anglican beads. I thought it would be fun to do, so we're heading over there tonight to bead. It's really nice too since my great-grandmother will also be going with us. It'll be a nice, little family outing.

Tomorrow? I may have some knitting other than dishcloths to show you!

Knit on...

No comments: