Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Cars, Wine, and Good Company

So when my grandparents came to pick me up from work yesterday, they had a proposition ready for me. You see, they just bought a new Toyota Rav 4 and were going to trade in their like-new Dodge Caravan. Since my car kicked the bucket yesterday morning, the proposition was to take their car, get it switched to my name, and use it until I move to Korea. Since it appears that if they transfer the title into my name, since I'm a blood relative, I wouldn't have to pay taxes on the car anyways. The other option was for them to use their car as a trade-in and get 2000 bucks for it and I take DF's blazer until it sold. I was thinking that the blazer would be my only option, and I may still get it put in my name to save him money on insurance unless his mom will transfer it to her name, but I do like the idea of having a car with less than 90,000 miles on it for once and heat and AC and everything my cars just have always seemed to lack. So, I'm going to take the Caravan for now and we'll see how it goes. I'm going after work to officially change all my stuff over to Kentucky (I've still had all my Florida stuff because I was still enrolled at UK and could get by with it) and find out information on transferring the title to my name.

Last night I went to SnB at Jane's. I ended up being the only one there, but it turned out to be a very nice evening. Jane and I drank good wine, ate cheese and crackers, stitched, bitched, and just had a good time. I got a lot of the decreases done on DF's sweater, so this made me happy as well.I think that I really needed last night too. Now that I'm feeling better physically, I needed to feel better emotionally too. Jane certainly helped cheer me up, and I know a couple of glasses of wine didn't hurt either :oP I ended up staying much later than I usually do because it was such a nice time and I needed to make sure that I wasn't feeling that last glass of wine anymore before I took off. As Jane and I were discussing, I thankfully know my limits and know when to stop drinking that glass of wine if I need to drive home in a couple of hours.

SnB is good. Good friends, good food, good wine, and it always cheers me up.

Knit on...

No comments: