Monday, November 26, 2007

Longest Post Ever

OK, I know the past few posts have been non-eventful and really rather dull, but not having access to my pictures and my laptop just crippled the blogging. Luckily, I'm on the road back home tonight and I have wireless internet access, so here's the catch-up of all catch-up posts :oP

Vacation Recap:

Monday: Drove and knit, drove and knit. I finished the first sleeve on DF's sweater and managed to knit myself into a massive migraine.

Tuesday: Drove and knit and arrived at my parents' house. Still had massive migraine, but glad to be out of the car. Driving for 16 hours sucks arse, especially when you know that if you were driving you would have made it in 12 and all in one day.

Wednesday: Lack of sleep allowed migraine to persist. Went to the store and stocked up on stuff for Thanksgiving. Also bought sleep mask in order to block out light from makeshift bedroom. Knit. Almost finished second sleeve.

Thursday: Ate and knit. Finished DF's sweater and then decorated Christmas tree with my mom. The happy family:
The finished sweater:

I still think the sleeves may be too long, but I won't know until I get to Korea.

Friday: Much better sleep. Met my friend Courtney for lunch and some mad-rush of shopping (note: being 9 months pregnant will get most shoppers out of your way. I think they felt they might make her pop or something). Why didn't I take pictures of Courtney? Stupid lack of brain. I blame the lack of sleep. Almost finished mittens, but ran out of yarn. Also forgot to take picture of the finished one and the half of the second one. Too late now, I'm not dragging out the cords again.

Saturday: Mom and I went to JoAnn's. Good Lord, this place was huge. We have one back home, but nothing like this. I was in awe. They had at least 6 aisles of yarn. Good yarn, crappy yarn, the whole yarn spectrum. I picked out four skeins of yarns. I'll take pictures of these later too. Two skeins were poor man's Noro. It's a mostly acrylic version of the yarn, only JoAnn's brand. I also bought two skeins of a 90-10 wool/nylon blend. Mom and I posed for pictures:

Sunday: We all went to my dad's church and had morning worship. Afterwards, my mom, grandparents, and I went to the mall and spent more money. I was very upset at the lack of Barnie's coffee. They have started selling out to Starbucks. I like Starbucks, but Barnie's is always much better. Sacked out the rest of the day and nearly finished DF's socks.

Today: On the road again. I finished DF's socks:


And I also started and finished a pair of mittens for DF's niece for Christmas out of the poor man's Noro. I am quite impressed with it.

I also think she will like them.

Anyways, that's the catch-up. I'll post tomorrow once I get back in and settled in to work in the afternoon. I should have more stuff finished up I would think since I'll have more knitting in the car since the PSP battery is dead.

Knit on...

2 comments:

Noneofyourbusiness. said...

Wow Leah, that is a LOT of knitting. If I knit that much that fast, my hands just might fall off, LOL. Everything looks great though! :)

Plain Jane said...

I'll have to check out this "poor man's Noro".. I like the way that the mittens striped.