Friday, November 16, 2007

What Happened to Fall?

Could someone please explain to me what happened to the season of Autumn? It was nice fall weather just a couple of days ago, and then yesterday when Kathy and I went to pick up my car, I look out the window and it's snowing! Yeah, snow in November. This is probably the first time I've seen snow in November since I moved up here 5 years ago. Anyways, if you see Fall, tell her to come back and visit us for a little while longer. I'm not quite ready for her cousin Winter yet.

On the bright side, I finished the front panel of DF's sweater last night.One of these days, I'll take a better picture of the sweater that doesn't involve getting ready for bed and remembering that I need a picture for the blog in the morning. I didn't cast on for the sleeves last night, but I'll probably work on those today and see how far I can get tonight. It'd be really nice to be done with the sleeves by Monday morning so that I can take another project with me on the trip to Florida, but I'm not that hopeful. I'll be lucky if I can get one sleeve done in that amount of time.

I was also tagged for a MeMe, so here it is:

Caught In The MeMe Web

I think this one has gone around before, but what the heck. Jane at Plain Jane Knits just tagged me for the Eight Random Things MeMe.

    · When tagged, you must link to the person who tagged you.
    · Then post the rules before your list, and list eight random things about yourself.
    · At the end of the post you must tag and link to eight other people.

1: I'm an anthropologist who poses as a geologist. Sometimes this makes me feel like George Castanza on Seinfeld when he tells everyone that he's an architect.

2) I used to play softball. I was really good at it too, but I got burned out at the end of high school and haven't played a game since. I still get emails from my parents telling me that I still have records in Florida that haven't been broken.

3) I have become an obsessive knitter. I blame Kim. On the bright side, I've actually stuck with this hobby and it doesn't seem to be going anywhere anytime soon.

4) I'm leaving for South Korea in a couple of weeks to visit DF. I am way too excited about this to concentrate on something as mundane as work.


5) DF proposed in the coolest way ever. See these posts for more details: Priceless and How it Happened

6) I am a wannabe pattern designer. I will have a pattern appearing in the Anticraft's next issue.

7)I am a big Star Wars dork. I love random trivia, played the card game, and often will quote random Star Wars lines with DF when the time is appropriate.

8) I was once scolded for knitting at work, even though it was on my break time. Now I make sure that everyone knows that I only knit on my breaks and at lunch so that I don't get in trouble for it.

Ok, that does it other than tagging eight more victims (ah, I mean friends).. (Jane, you got Erica and I saw she already posted on her blog!)

Ann

Robyn

Janis

Zabet

Emily

Kim

Dana

Kathy

Knit on...

4 comments:

Janis said...

Yay for finishing the front! Are you hoping to have it done by the time you go to South Korea?

Knitting Magic Girl said...

Yep, that's the plan anyways. It's supposed to be a Christmas present for DF.

Zabet said...

snow? you had SNOW? I didn't get any snow! *pout*

Knitting Magic Girl said...

It was just a flurry. It was flurrying over on campus. If it's going to snow, I wish it would snnnnoooooowwww :oP