On the bright side, I finished the front panel of DF's sweater last night.One of these days, I'll take a better picture of the sweater that doesn't involve getting ready for bed and remembering that I need a picture for the blog in the morning. I didn't cast on for the sleeves last night, but I'll probably work on those today and see how far I can get tonight. It'd be really nice to be done with the sleeves by Monday morning so that I can take another project with me on the trip to Florida, but I'm not that hopeful. I'll be lucky if I can get one sleeve done in that amount of time.
I was also tagged for a MeMe, so here it is:
Caught In The MeMe WebI think this one has gone around before, but what the heck. Jane at Plain Jane Knits just tagged me for the Eight Random Things MeMe.
- · When tagged, you must link to the person who tagged you.
· Then post the rules before your list, and list eight random things about yourself.
· At the end of the post you must tag and link to eight other people.
1: I'm an anthropologist who poses as a geologist. Sometimes this makes me feel like George Castanza on Seinfeld when he tells everyone that he's an architect.
2) I used to play softball. I was really good at it too, but I got burned out at the end of high school and haven't played a game since. I still get emails from my parents telling me that I still have records in Florida that haven't been broken.
3) I have become an obsessive knitter. I blame Kim. On the bright side, I've actually stuck with this hobby and it doesn't seem to be going anywhere anytime soon.
4) I'm leaving for South Korea in a couple of weeks to visit DF. I am way too excited about this to concentrate on something as mundane as work.
5) DF proposed in the coolest way ever. See these posts for more details: Priceless and How it Happened
6) I am a wannabe pattern designer. I will have a pattern appearing in the Anticraft's next issue.
7)I am a big Star Wars dork. I love random trivia, played the card game, and often will quote random Star Wars lines with DF when the time is appropriate.
8) I was once scolded for knitting at work, even though it was on my break time. Now I make sure that everyone knows that I only knit on my breaks and at lunch so that I don't get in trouble for it.
Ok, that does it other than tagging eight more victims (ah, I mean friends).. (Jane, you got Erica and I saw she already posted on her blog!)