Wednesday, June 13, 2007

All Better

I'm all better today, so there's some good news! I rested yesterday evening and just sat on the couch and knit. Before I did that though, I finished my dad's socks.I finished weaving in the sock ends yesterday on my afternoon break, so they are in a mailing envelope now and are about to be mailed out in a couple of hours when the post office opens up. I really liked how these turned out and the feel of the Trekking sock yarn. This is my second pair of Trekking socks and I think that I like this pair better than the blue ones even. And since I have this obsession that a pair of socks must always be on the needles at all times, I started a new pair last night.Yep, I'm finally making a pair of Jaywalkers. The yarn is Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock in the Black Purl colorway. I'm fascinated with the random lighter gray stripe that is curling its way around the sock. I'm also really liking the Jaywalker pattern. I think that next time I make this pattern, I will use a self-striping sock yarn that is a lighter colorway than this. But for now, I'm liking this.

I also picked up some roving at ReBelle yesterday for that Virtual Vacation Swap that I signed up for. It is hand-dyed and carded by a local artisan and it's 75% wool, 25% soy silk, so that should be nice to spin up.The colorway is called Woodstock and I intend to spin it up as soon as I spin up another bobbin of llama and can get that off the bobbins and plied.

Gotta go update my stash on Ravelry now. I finally took pictures.

Knit on...

No comments: