Wednesday, June 13, 2007

In Memory

Today has been a very sad day. At 8 this morning, the entire office was called into the meeting room where we were told that Theola, one of our coworkers, had died last night.

This really came as a shock to me. She was only 44. She had a hernia and was scheduled for surgery in July to repair it, but it ruptured this weekend and infection set in. No one really realized that it was that serious.

Theola would often sit out on breaks with me and comment on my knitting. She was always fascinated with how socks were knit. I have a little of the sockotta cotton left that she was particularly enthralled with, so I think that I will make a tiny sock or two to leave her as a gift. It still hasn't really sunk in that she's gone.

She leaves behind two kids around my age and I know that they must really be grieving since their mom was the center of that family. Keep them in your prayers.

1 comment:

Erica said...

Oh, I'm so sorry to hear about Theola! What a drag. I hope her kids got to say good-bye to her.