Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Back to the Grind

I'm back in after taking yesterday off work to help set up for Luanne's memorial yesterday afternoon. The memorial was really nice. It was rather informal, with Jimmy Buffett playing in the background. People just stood up and told stories about Luanne and we all laughed and enjoyed it. I think that was important and that was what everyone needed to hear.

Luanne's main family didn't come to the service. She had an aunt and two cousins who showed up who said that this would be the real service, not the one on Wednesday. They said that Luanne's mom should have been there so she could have heard all the good stories and nice things that were said about Luanne. Looks like a good chunk of people are going to go to the service on Wednesday, so that will be a good thing. Maybe her mom will see then how many people cared for her.

I haven't done much knitting. I've been too busy to do much. I'm almost done with the front panel of the slog and may be done with the first panel by tomorrow. I'm not going to kill myself to try to get it done, but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel for this project, and I'm very ready to be done so that I can concentrate on the dragon shawl which has remained un-knit-on for the past week or so.

Today is SnB at lunch, so I'm looking forward to that. I brought the Jaywalkers with me so that I could try to finish the heel and start the foot on the first one. Pictures tomorrow.

Knit on...

No comments: