Thursday, June 28, 2007

An Alternate

Yesterday went about as well as I thought it would go. Luanne's mother didn't even come to her own daughter's funeral, but she'll have to answer for that later on. The one good thing is that I was able to knit to and from the funeral and I got this much done on the slog:I was pretty happy to get the first foot done on the thing. Only four more feet and some armholes to go and I'll be done, finito, fin, adios, um, can you tell how I feel about this stupid thing? Never again will I take on commission work unless they are willing to pay me around a million dollars. It's another thing entirely to make something for someone because you want to. With this project, I feel like I have to because I'm getting paid. When it's all said and done, I'll add up the total hours knitting on it and I'm willing to bet that I am making about a dollar and hour for this...my own fault there.

On Monday night, I went to play poker to try to qualify for the final tournament which is tonight. I would like to be able to play in that tournament because the grand prize is a nice LCD flat screen TV that you can hang on a wall. Of course I drool at those things every time I'm in Best Buy or anywhere else that has them, so to have a 1 in 24 chance of getting one seems good to me. Well, on Monday, they were taking the top two finishers to get in to the tournament automatically. Of course I finished third, but third landed me an alternate seat. So in other words, if someone bails at the last minute, I can play. If not, then I'll go home and do some more knitting.

I also have to have a cavity filled this afternoon. Joy.

Knit on...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Leah!

Its your virtual secret knit swapper... coming to say HELLO!!!!

Hee hee!!

Knitting Magic Girl said...

Ooo, I wondered when I would get a comment when I received my swapper ID in email today. I look forward to my vacation!