I signed up for this swap today since it seemed like it could be a lot of fun. I don't know if I'll be able to have a vacation this summer or not, so I thought this could be a neat way to "visit" a different area of the country or another country all together.
For Contest: I live in Kentucky, USA.
1. If you could visit any state in the US, which would it be and why? I'd like to visit California or New York I think since they are both big areas and I've never been before.
2. If you could visit any country in the world, other than your own, which would it be and why? Ireland, because my family is from there.
3. Have you ever driven across several states/providence/countries? I've driven through the Carolinas, Georgia, Kentucky, Ohio, and Florida before.
4. Have you ever visited someplace you consider exotic? Where was it? Unless you count growing up in Orlando, Florida exotic, nope.
5. What was your favorite "travel" vacation? Why? I really enjoyed getting to go to Colorado as a kid one summer. I had never seen mountains that size before and I was really awed by that.
6. Have you ever played tourist in your own home city/state (if international, country)? Explain. I lived in Orlando and would play tourist every now and again when people would come visit me.
7. Are you a museum visitor, beach comer or an amusement seeker? All of the above.
8. What's your favorite type of yarn? Sock yarns, but I really like Lorna's Laces or Trekking XXL
9. What's your least favorite type of yarn? Acrylic
10. What items do you like to knit/crochet? I like to try everything at least once. Currently I'm knitting a sloggy sweater, a sock, and some lace. I would like to try a crochet lace doily sometime.
11. What do you pack, knit/crochet wise when you go on vacation? Socks
12. What other crafts do you do/would like to do other than Knit/Crochet? I cross-stitch every now and again. I also am a spinner and would like to try needle felting sometime.
13. Are you allergic to anything? (Yarn wise or treat wise): Any meat (this includes flavorings, especially chicken broth) Stick to vegan treats for me (although I do love milk chocolate)
14. What is your favorite color? Least Favorite? Blues are my favorite color. I really despise pinks and reds mainly because I don't see them very well (red/green colorblind)
15. Sweet or Savory (Treat not personality)? Sweet
16. Anything else we are forgetting to ask that you think your partner desperately needs to know? Can't think of anything off the top of my head. If I do, I'll post it here.