Sunday, May 21, 2006

Am I a Hippy?

OK, so yesterday I went to the Peace Fair here in town. I mainly went because Robyn had a ball winder I could use and I needed to wind up those skeins of sari silk that I picked up the other day. I also had one more hank of lambs pride worsted that needed to be wound up too. After an hour or so, I was done winding the yarn, I had purchased coffee soap and needles from Robyn and Sarah's booth, and I began to walk around the rest of the fair.

Oh, and on a side note, if they had a shirt in adult sizes, I so would have gotten it for DBF. It said Boobs, not Bombs. They only had it in little baby jumpers, but I think DBF needs one of these. Heck, I think I need one of these too!

There were booths for organic foods, locally grown produce, local activist groups, a giant flying white dove kite thing, natural face painting, local artwork, and organic food to chow down on. It was actually a pretty cool site. I really should have brought my camera. They also had live music and such. I found myself swept up in the festival. I went out immediately to the local food co-op and bought a bunch of organic foods, milk, bread, and grains. I am going to try to go lacto-vegetarian for a little while. It may help me lose weight too, who knows. Should be interesting either way. I'm not ready to go Vegan yet, that's for sure.

For those of you who know me, it's hard to believe that I used to be vegetarian a few years ago. After I quit playing softball, that lasted for about 2 years. For some reason I gave up on that and ended up going back to meat once I moved up here. Oh well. It will be hard, but I think I'd like to get back to vegetarianism.

OK, that's a bunch of non yarn ramblings! I picked up a set of 5 size 3 hand-made DPNs from Robyn yesterday. I'm going to make some wrist warmers with some superwash merino I have at the house. They should be pretty, so we'll see how they turn out. I have no pictures to post today aside from a Hippy. And the sock is now 5 inches long. I'm almost to the hell, I mean heel!

Knit on...

And here's a Hippy

No comments: