Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Stitching, Bitching, and All-In

Last night I went to my local Stitch and Bitch and had the nirvana on a plate that is Mochachino cheesecake. It was just as delicious as I remembered it to be from two weeks ago. Last week they were missing the cheesy, chocolate delight, but this week it was back. Ah, bliss from a dessert. I continued working on my latest shirt creation out of the ribbon yarn that I bought for myself while picking out a skein of Lamb's Pride Bulky for the Harlot. They only had five balls of this ribbon yarn left, so I snagged it up, but my fears were realized last night when only 8 inches of the sweater's front panel was done after one ball. That means at the most, the sweater will be 20 inches long if I use 2.5 balls of yarn on each side. So, I have come up with a solution. I found two skeins of a furry yarn that was given to me a few weeks ago at SnB and it's just the right shade of purple to add a contrast to the yarn. It will make a good edging for this shirt. Here's the schematic for what I have guessed at so far:

That's about the color combination too. Hopefully this will turn out good. Time will tell, and pictures will show it for sure.

After I ran out of yarn at SnB last night, I went over to play poker at the league that DBF and I are in. I normally just go on Thursday, but since I got done with SnB so early, I ran over there. I got in a side table and dominated for a little while. I must have gone on tilt, because before long, I was down to just five chips. I started making a comeback until I went all-in with A 9. I was called by the chip leader who had K 10. I was winning the race until a 10 came up on the river. Damn river! Oh well. I dealt the rest of the tournament for the last two people and the guy who put me out finished second.

Tonight is Amazing Race night. Go hippies! Before I get to watch that tonight, I'm meeting my friend Laura for dinner and to catch up with things. I haven't seen her in a while. We've both just been busy. Oh well.

I did not see Bartholomew Bat today. I'm not sure if he's hanging out somewhere else or if he's gone. I hope he caught a bunch of bugs. I suppose I should get some work done now.

Knit on...

No comments: