Thursday, May 25, 2006

Finished Objects and Works in Progress

Drumroll please...

Out of the depths of the Jurassic Period arises a monster...a shell as hard as stone that can reach up to 7 feet across...tentacles in which to find its prey...no eyes...at least not yet.


Meet Cthulu, the ammonite. This is Nautie in all its tentacled wonderment. Here's another shot:
I think he's too cute. I want a whole school of nautiloids running around. Of course, where I would put them is another whole issue. Nautie has been hanging out with the sock in progress. I'm getting there on the heel flap. It's just taking me longer than I thought it would, mainly because I don't like knitting this heel. Next time I decide to do a sock, it's going to be with thicker yarn so that I can be done with it faster. I say that now, but we all know how this will end...
I started the Voodoo wrist warmers yesterday while scanning and I got one of them done. Talk about a super fast and easy knit. I'm going to try to get the other one done today during lunch and breaks so that I can give them to Gwen on Friday. She tried it on before I left work yesterday and she said she loves the feel and fit of them. So of course I had to try them on too. I like them so much that I think I'll be making a pair for myself too. Don't you think they do a Star Trek nerd justice? And believe it or not, DBF and I got to ride a Segway scooter last night. It was pretty fun. I'll hopefully have a picture of that sometime if the owner of the scooter will email me my picture.

Knit on...

No comments: