Monday, May 08, 2006

A Weekend of Magic and Disk Golf

This weekend was primarilly about Magic: the Gathering. Friday was the release of the new set called Dissension. I'm not sure how I feel about this set yet from what I've seen. Looks like there's the potential for some powerful stuff, but I'll have to do some deck building to find out. Friday we played for hours in a tournament and I ended up winning four packs of cards. All crap rares in the packs...blah. Saturday we played in another event and I won another four packs...all crap rares again...blah. I did meet another knitter on Saturday though. She didn't play Magic, but she was there knitting with some nice Moda Dea yarn in the same color as my lavender shirt-to-be. She was also cross stitching some cute care bears.

After the tournament on Saturday, DBF and I decided to go play some disk golf while the sun was still out. It was fun and I totally sucked at it! At least it was fun. I did however throw my disk into a creek that had about six inches of mud on the bottom of it. I tried to get in to get it, but I chickened out. DBF, being the great man that he is, hiked in there and got it out without falling into the creek. Next time, I need to bring the video camera!

Sunday was about being lazy. We lounged around after church and caught up on the Amazing Race and South Park. We also watched Kingdom of Heaven which was all right. It didn't really keep my interest all that much. We did go to Michael's and I wanted to use my 40% off coupon on a cross-stitch and sure enough, they put the dumb things on sale, so no 40% off for me. I did get 10 bucks off of it at least. DBF used the coupon for a mother's day gift though, so at least the coupon didn't go to waste. Here's what I bought:

You don't see many super-detailed dragon cross-stitch patterns out there, but this one caught my eye. I have to finish the other dragon I'm working on first so that I can start working on this one. It should only take me 10 years to finish this one...

Well, time to get to work.

Knit on...

No comments: