Monday, May 15, 2006

Maggie, I tried, I really did

Does anyone remember the horrible French Market Bag gone wrong that was supposed to be for my friend Maggie's birthday? If you don't, well, here's the felted bag in all its crapulence. Kinda resembles a cat bed here...
This weekend I did a lot of craft work since DBF had to work during the days. My first project was to try to turn this pile of felted crap into something semi-useful since none of my friends wanted this for a cat bed because it had some potential to be made into something else. Now, Maggie is obsessed with the 1920's, so I went into my grandmother's stash of buttons that belonged to her mother and I found some vintage 1920's plastic buttons. They're plain, but they're older, so they work. After a few stitches, some curses, and a puzzled look on my face, this is what I came up with...
Yes, I know it's still pretty darned crappy, but it's unique and I think Maggie will use it, if nothing else than for something for her cats to chew on. Now that I look at this picture I realize just how much lower that damn left side button is than the right side. Oh well. It's still crap, but now it's shapen crap. Here's a few more shots of the thing.

Yes, felted crap, I know, but there it is. It's got a use now. It can actually hold stuff. It will draw attention. Come to think of it, I think Maggie will enjoy this :oP

I also worked on the purple sweater thing this weekend and almost got it all finished. I'm working on the purple fur trim on the bottom of it, then I'll move on to the sleeve trim and be done. Here's a shot of what it looked like at the beginning of this weekend:


Here's the front of the shirt, minus the fur trim. Here's a close up of the front panel.
Ribbon yarn created a really interesting texture. It's just plain stockinette too, so not difficult at all. Here's the back in progress:

It's now done as well and is having some fur put on it. Should be interesting.

We had a mother's day get-together yesterday and had some family blow ups. Blah. Gotta love family! I ran away from the craziness that is my family and escaped to Renee's house (co-founder of the Anti-Craft FYI) and knit up a frenzie and played with her puppy dog and cracked up at her cute kid running around after the dog. It was a much needed escape. After that, I ran off to DBF's and we watched the Survivor finale. I wish Terri would have won, but I'm glad it wasn't Danielle who won. She really had no chance of winning though. Oh well. I gorged myself on pizza and then brownies later in the evening, so that makes up for the crappy finish to the show. Perhaps Amazing Race will work out the way I want it to. We shall see.

Blah, I should get to work. I have Pilates homework to do before class...what the hell? I really would like to drop this class now...

Knit on...

1 comment:

Erica said...

Pilates HOMEWORK? OK, that's just weird!

OK, if you were older...like, say, ME, you would have called that post "Maggie, I couldn't have tried any mooooore..." (Quick, quick, youngster - who sang that?)