Thursday, May 11, 2006

Stash Reduction?

I am all about stash reduction right now. So will someone please explain to me why I bid on sari silk yarn on ebay? Damn ebay! I didn't think I'd win the auction...well, apparently I did. So, I just purchased 10 hanks of sari silk for 30 bucks. It's a really good deal on the silk, don't get me wrong, but why did I just do that? Did I need more yarn...no. Did I want more yarn...yes. Will I give some of the silk away...maybe. Erica, do you want/need some sari yarn. I really don't know what I'm going to do with 10 hanks. I'm thinking a purse needs to be made...It's been a while since I've made a bag. Here's what I bought:

Two of each basic color pattern you see up there. That's a lot of silk. I might be able to make some Christmas presents from this, who knows. I really didn't need more yarn. I guess today is my one day this month I'm allowed to buy yarn. So much for waiting for Magpie to open. I'll have to go to them next month.

Maybe I'll make the unbiased bag on knitty.com. We'll see how the yarn looks when it arrives in its nice little box. See, ebay is what happens when I have a break at work!

On the bright side, I finished the front panel of my purple shirt/sweater thing. It looks pretty good. It's going to be snug, but that's a good thing since I'm now taking a pilates class and my stomach is apparently going to firm up like you wouldn't believe. Well, I should probably get back to this:


Knit on...

1 comment:

Erica said...

Hmmm...did you mean MOI or some OTHER knitter named Erica? (Apparently, there are many.)

I can't BUY it off you (no buying yarn w/our $$ in April, May, or June), but if you're GIVING it away, I could certainly take some off your hands. I could add it to the knitting-related retirement present for my mom. (I'd love either the third or fourth kind; what I have already is more like the second one.)