Friday, May 12, 2006

Staff Appreciation and a New Meme

Today is Staff Appreciation Day at the university. They like me, they really like me! Today is about goofing off, getting tons of free crap, and entering for contests left and right. I just have to survive my pilates class first...

So, I go to drop the pilates class because it's rather difficult, and lo and behold, I'm not able to drop it. I have to withdraw from the whole freaking university if I want to drop the darned course. Looks like I'll be working out more than I had originally planned. Oh well, it'll be good for me.

DBF starts a new job today. It's not glorious work, but it is a job. I won't be able to see him much this weekend because of the new job, so I guess I'll get in a lot of knitting. I might finish the purple shirt thing even. We'll see how ambitious I get.

And now for the new Meme:

A is for Age: 23
B is for Booze: Pina Coladas or Smirnoff
C is for Career: Geological Technician
D is for Dad's Name: Mark
E is for Essential Item to Bring to a Party: Booze
F is for Favorite Songs at the Moment: I Love Rock and Roll
G is for Goof-off Thing to Do: Paint by Number
H is for Hometown: Orlando, Florida
I is for Instrument You Play: Um, yeah...not so musically inclined
J is for Jam or Jelly you Like: Strawberry!
K is for Kids: None, 3 fish though
L is for Living Arrangement: Grandparents
M is for Mom's Name: Cindy
N is for Names of Good Friends: Maggie, Kim, Erica, and countless others
O is for Overnight Hospital Stays: ? Stupid virus that hit campus 2 years ago
P is for Pets: 3 fish
Q is for Quotes you Like: "Shutup, Mulder, I'm playing baseball!" -Scully, the X-Files
R is for Relationship Status: DBF, almost 3 years now
S is for Siblings: No blood siblings
T is for Tea: Green
U is for Unique Trait: I knit and play poker and Magic at the same time
V is for Vegetables You Love: Any but onions, tomatoes, and peppers
W is for Worst Traits: Worrisome
X is for X-rays You've Had: Ankle, teeth, head, hand, shin...damn softball
Y is for Yummy Food You Make: Chicken Parmesean Casserole, peanut butter cookies
Z is for Zodiac Sign: Scorpio

Have a great weekend and knit on!

1 comment:

Erica said...

Drag about the Pilates thing. If you were going to Stanford, you could drop the course UP TO THE DAY OF THE FINAL. Isn't that stupid? If you know you're going to flunk the final, you can drop the course instead of getting a bad grade in the class. I tell ya!

I've been meaning to do that meme for a while. Now I gotta, since you've named me or my namesake in it! (I'm NOT hurt if it's not me!)