Monday, August 14, 2006

Be Vewy, vewy quiet...

I've been hunting hummingbirds all weekend. Yes, the hummingbirds are in the back yarn and they have been posing (in their hummingbird-like way) for pictures all weekend. No pictures with the crappy digital camera, I mean, it blurs socks that are not moving...

That's right, I finished my first pair of socks. I didn't get them done by Friday like I had hoped, but I did get them done Saturday morning, so I was close. I wore them while shooting pictures on Saturday and they felt pretty good. Slightly warmer than other socks, but they still felt nice. Mom has asked for a pair out of this yarn, so I think I have enough left to make her a short pair, so that's the latest pair I have now cast on. I can't wait to work with another type of sock yarn.

For those that want the yarn specs, here they are: Fortissima Socka yarn by Scheuller and Stahl (probably butchered the spelling there). I got it on sale before K1P1 closed down here. I miss K1P1, but I have two stores now to choose from (aside from SN, I know they're here, but I don't like them much). I can go to either Magpie Yarn or I can go to...

Robyn and Sarah's new store called ReBelle. I can't wait till they open. It's a holistic women's health store with yarn. How much better can you get?

I get to move into my new abode for the next nine months tomorrow night. I went out yesterday and bought some bird feeders to attract some feathered friends that need their pictures taken. Hopefully the little hummingbirds will come by there too. We have three at my grandparents' house now that chase each other around the yarn and fight for the feeder and the butterfly bush. They are very territorial I guess.

Tonight is poker, so we'll see if I can continue my knitting/poker streak tonight. Maybe I'll actually win something now...Well, better get to work.

Knit on...

No comments: