Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Let the holidays begin!

OK, yesterday was August first. I had planned to start on Christmas presents on August 1, so I grabbed some Wool-Ease out of the back of my car (yes, I have yarn in my trunk and it's been there for many months now) and began to work on a sweater. I still worked on my nighty, but alas, it must take a back seat for the more important stuff.

Here's what I plan to make so far:

This sweater for my mom and probably for my grandma up here. The instructions on lionbrand are awful though, so it will take some interpretation. I have to go buy yarn for this though. It will have to be wool-ease or superwash wool of some sort because my mom will not, I repeat, WILL NOT hand wash anything.


This is the sweater I will be making for my dad. Again, it's out of wool-ease. I think I'll make it in maroon.

Lastly, this is already in progress, but this is for DBF's mom.


This is being made in purple homespun. Purple is her favorite color, so it just made sense. I swear I do not knit only lionbrand patterns. These just happen to be three that I saw that I liked and would make good gifts. I also intend to make a bunch of warshrags from MDK to give to people as well as an afghan of some sort for my grandma in Florida. She might get a shawl though, depending on how much yarn I have left.

I might have to re-do the diamond shawl though. I was making YOs the wrong way, so the diamonds don't pop out like they should. I could probably block the hell out of the thing, but then whenever she washed it, it wouldn't look the same. I think I will definitely re-do it now that I think about it. I want it to look right.

There you go. Bring it on, Holidays!

Knit on...

PS: I lost another 0.2 pounds this week. That puts me at 3.4 lost in the past 4 weeks. I have come to the conclusion that I am very affectionate for my fat and I am having a hard time parting with it. I need to just tell myself that the fat does not appreciate me and I need to kick it out...

No comments: