Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Without knitting...

I cannot play decent poker. Why is this? I was doing all right before I started knitting and playing poker, but now I can't seem to get in the same groove. I overthink hands and I don't make good calls like I was doing. Doesn't help that my hand hurt like hell anyways.

I got my appt. with the neurologist scheduled for September 12, so at least it's not 3 months away. I would like them to say knit again, but knit slowly or even better, knit like you used to. We'll see.

Today classes start for college students of the area. I didn't think I would ever say this again, but I start classes today...what the hell? I thought I was done with school! Guess not. I'm going for my master's in geology, specifically, Organic Petrology. We'll see how this goes. I've heard that working full time and being a part time master's student can be quite challenging. I need knitting more than ever!

I forgot to take a picture of my dragon cross-stitch that I worked on yesterday. It's getting there. I really am getting kinda close to finishing this sucker. This one has been in process for over 4 years now. I start then stop, lather, rinse, repeat over and over again. Maybe now I will get it done. I better get it done before September 12, because I might be able to knit again after that.

I have had several people recommend the Hand-Eeze gloves to me if I am able to knit right after Sept. 12. I think I will order these once I get the OK from the doc. I had to cancel my chance at Sock Wars because I was afraid it wouldn't be fair to someone to get a barely even worked on sock because my hand cramped up too bad. If they have it again, I'm there. I will be watching the events intensely.

Better get to work..., then to class...

Knit on...

No comments: