Monday, August 07, 2006

I came, I knit, I bought dresses

That is the story of my weekend. Friday night, DBF and I played poker. I finished 2 in the first tournament and won my money back and then went out quick in the second tourney. I did knit the entire time I was there. The first sock is almost done. I will finish it tonight since I'm about to start decreasing the toe now. Yippee!

Anyways, there was a guy at the tourney who just couldn't understand the concept of knitted socks. He kept asking me what the deal was with the sock. Aside from just plain out telling him that you wear socks on your feet, dumbass, I tried to explain it kindly. We ended up heads up in the end and I really wish I would have beaten him. Oh well, at least I got my money back.

Saturday was lazy day and I didn't do much except buy a couple of dresses at Walmart.

Sunday DBF and I went to Louisville to play in the PTQ Kobe Magic tourney. We both sucked. So, DBF got a bunch of cards from the 50 cent rare box to fill out his sets and then we went to the bookstore where I picked up 30 bucks of knitting magazines. DBF was shocked at the amount. I told him it was a good thing he didn't go with me when I buy yarn :oP

After Borders, we went to Hard Rock Cafe and played tourist. It was a very nice dinner and we each got souveneir glasses. DBF bought a hat and bought me a Hard Rock wallet (hey, I might be trying to be girly, but I still like Hard Rock!). It was just a nice day, even if we did suck at Magic. .

There's the weekend update. I'll post pictures of WIPs sometime soon, I swear. I'll take a picture of the finished sock at least!

Knit on...



Edited on 8/17/06. Needed a place to stick this button

1 comment:

Erica said...

I'm confused! Last I remember your writing about work-related clothes stuff, they were giving you grief for being just as casual as the guys. You were darned if you were going to change. What gives?