Wednesday, October 11, 2006

I Heart Peaches

Not the fruit, although I do greatly like a nice ripe peach. I mean the person I was chosen to assassinate in sock wars. I got a package in the mail this morning and upon squeezing it (I make this habit since every now and then people send me yarn) I felt like it contained a yarny goodness of some sort. I assumed it was the pair of socks she received from her target and that I would need to forward those on to Squirrel Girl, but lo and behold...
Sock yarn, point protectors and a lovely thank you card. Not just any old sock yarn either...it was Lana Grosa in a nice fall colors colorway. Gorgeous sock yarn! I loved the little point protectors too. They look like little yellow socks:

Once again, a lovely blurry picture from my crappy camera. Perhaps I will get a new one here soon. Mom has been asking me what I want for my birthday anyways...

I also went out yesterday and bought yarn for mom and dad's presents. I got Wool-Ease Thick and Quick to make a green and a maroon cardigan for each of them. Mom will get the green and dad will get the maroon. Hopefully I bought enough. If not, then back to Michael's I shall go. At least it is washable and it's not superwash merino that will be eventually destroyed.

The highlight of the evening yesterday was going to listen to DBF give a presentation about his year in China. He lived there for a year back in 01-02 teaching English in a little town in northeast China. He is also an excellent photographer, so he gave a wonderful talk. I'm not just saying that because I love him either, he really was good :oP We went to a Mexican restaurant before the presentation, thinking that the travel club met there before the meeting. Turns out they met at another restaurant that night, so DBF and I have a nice dinner at El Toro. Oh well. Seeing the presentation made me want to travel. I've never been out of the country. I've never even been to Canada or Mexico. I've only been to a few states: Florida, Colorado, Kentucky, Tennessee, North Carolina, Ohio, and Georgia. As you can see, I've been mostly confined to the south. One random trip to Colorado as a teen got me semi-west. I want to go everywhere. Wish I could afford to go somewhere at least. Anyhoo...

I crashed early last night because I knew it would be a long day today. I'm working the open house here at work tonight because this week is national Earth Science Week. Go out and hug a geologist, will ya?! The focus this year is on being a citizen scientist and all the things you can do to study the earth on your own and also protect it. Kinda a cool theme, but since I'm a fossil person, I'm more worried about what happened in the past. I'm running the fossil dig pit tonight, so that should be fun. Yea, kids...

I brought my knitting with me in case it's slow. It's raining today and may rain all night too, so it could be a wash for some of the open house people. We'll see. I'll just go pet my sock yarn now...

Knit on...

1 comment:

Erica said...

First, you need to travel to San Francisco. THEN, go out of the country! ;->

Sorry you got the crud. It's going around here, too. Thing Two's been coughing up a lung for weeks.