Monday, October 16, 2006

Petting a Celebrity

OK, quirky title, I know. You see, DBF and I have this thing about petting different animals. So far I have pet a squirrel, an elk, a sheep, a rabbit, and countless other pets people have. DBF has tried to pet wild llamas and alpacas while at Machu Pichu in Peru. But our quest to pet wild animals met it's all time high on Friday night. We got to pet Hal Sparks!
Hal doesn't seem to know what to think about DBF petting his hair. Hal's very nice girlfriend was taking this picture and there's a series of them. One funny thing, watch my expression compared to theirs. I just kept smiling for the camera while they just chatted away:
Finally we all looked forward after I think Hal started squirming to get away from the two crazy people surrounding him:

So first, let me say that Hal Sparks is hysterical. He's a great stand-up comedian. DBF and I are still laughing at his routine three days later. I woke up the next morning with this Lord of the Rings-type song stuck in my head because of part of his routine. If you get the chance to see him do stand-up, GO! It's well worth whatever money he's charging. We debated on going on Friday because the tickets were almost 20 bucks a person and, well, we're poor. DBF just started his new job last week, so he hasn't gotten paid yet and I don't get paid until the end of this week. That's what credit cards are for, right?! We went and I'm very glad we did.

For those who don't know who Hal Sparks is, he's from Kentucky (really, as he said, why would he lie about that?), hosted Talk Soup for a while, starred in the show Queer as Folk, and has appeared on the VH1 I love the...series, and Celebrity Duets.

On knitting news, I finished the back panel of my dad's cardigan. I would show you a picture, but you know, bad blurry camera. I'll try to get a picture of it outside when I get home if it's not pouring down rain. DBF and I played Magic most of the weekend. We're trying to get our decks ready for States. I just don't know how to deal with weenie hoards right now aside from wrathing them away. Blah. Hopefully we'll figure out something. If not, then we'll be playing weenies.

Knit on...

1 comment:

Erica said...

Hubby & I love him on the VH1 stuff (when we're someplace with expanded cable and can watch it). He's hysterical!