Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Of Beer Cheese and Knitting

So I watched it rain all day yesterday. I cursed as I left my umbrella at home while I ran out to the car at 4:30 in the afternoon in the pouring rain. I came home and let the bunny out to pee (she always seems thankful for this) and crashed on the couch, cold and wet. After some debating, I decided to go play poker at the free league last night. It's not as much fun without DBF there, but it was something to do and I think I needed to get out of the house. I of course took knitting with me:

DBF's sweater in the works with the same Aquafina bottle for scale. It's about 10 inches tall now. Only another 15 more to go! Of course then I have to go back and make the first panel longer and then the sleeves and seem..blah blah blah. It's coming along though.

I was the first person out at the first tournament. Stupid flush. I hit a Q high flush on the flop. Hard to lay that down when only two cards can beat you as of this point. Yep, the guy had the A high flush. Blah. I won the second tourney but was still kinda blah even though I won it. I think work has me down right now.

We have a section meeting today and it concerns me. We have been short on money for some time and I'm just afraid that cut backs will be necessary and that people will be involved in those cut backs (namely me). I know I'm paranoid about such things, but there is no job security when you work on grant money. Right now I would like something solid, something on hard money that is budgeted and that I will know I will have my job for a while. Blah.

Tonight I believe I will go play poker again. It's free and it gets me out of the house. Of course if the meeting does not go well, I may just stay home and pout. We'll see. At least I get Stitch and Bitch this morning before the meeting, so I will be happy going into it. I always enjoy seeing my friends at SnB on Tuesdays, even if most of them are skipping today because of midterms. Priorities, people! Sheesh!

Knit on...

No comments: