Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Midterms

Yeah, I never thought I would say it again, but I have a midterm exam today. I knew there was something that I didn't miss about school at all. Now I'm in grad school and I have my first midterm. Blah. It's all essay and I have no clue what will be on it. We've had so many readings that it's mind-boggling, so I don't even know where to begin. I've got a ton of notes from class, so I've been studying those and looking at the readings. I even made notecards last night. I studied until about 10 last night and then went to bed. I woke up this morning and I don't remember crap about what I studied.

That's why tonight I will spin. I will do something that is mindless and meditative. I don't want to count rows, I don't want to read charts, I don't want to do anything like that. I just want to spin and pull out fiber from a mass of fibers. No think, just do.

Last week I got two bobbins done then plied them at home because I had to get out of the shop (the owner wanted to go home, imagine that). This week I will buy two bobbins of my own so that I can spin them and then ply the next week without having to take the yarn off the bobbins. I'm going to spin that same grayish yarn you saw last week. I bought a pound of it because I figured if I spin up a pound, you'll really be able to see progress throughout that pound of fiber.

Anyways, my mind is already numb and the test is still 3 hours away.

Gods help me...

Knit on...

No comments: