Thursday, October 12, 2006

I thought I could avoid fate...

But it turns out that despite my massive office lysoling project that I have finally caught the dumb head cold that has been going around the building. Why do people come in sick? Does it make you feel better to pass the damn cold around? If you really feel the need to come into the office coughing and hacking, then please wear a mask and carry lysol wipes with you so that you can disenfect everything around you and anything you touch. Just because you feel that you need to save your sick time doesn't mean that I want to use mine...

Anyways, I am sitting here at work despite my own rant about people coming in sick. Reason being: I just turned in my time sheet and I don't want to go through the hassle of trying to change the formal time sheet. Did that last pay period after the bad tuna episode and it's not much fun. In fact, it's sort of like having to capture a dragon in DnD. It's just something you don't want to mess with unless you want to get burned.

I worked at the Earth Science Week open house that our office held last night. It stormed really good too, so there were very few people there last night at least. I was running the fossil dig for the kids and also running the trilobite mold booth where kids get to make their own cast trilobite off of an original fossil. Terribly exciting. I was stuck in a room with the paleo club and the snake and reptile lady. Kathy was upstairs showing people how we try to get rid of CO2, so I had to just tough it out. I did get some knitting done while waiting for everyone to show up.

When i got up this morning, the cold had attacked in two ways. First, I was stuffed up and hacking up a lung and secondly, it's freaking cold outside. What happened to almost 70F degree morning yesterday down to 35F this morning! I decided to wear jeans since I don't have any decently warm dress pants and all my long underwear is sitting over at my grandparents' house. I think I might need to get some of that tonight. I'm also wearing my Voodoo wrist warmers. They look nice and surprisingly keep my hand almost completely warm. I'm still wearing them in my office too because I'm freaking cold.

I'm going to go hack up a lung again. Maybe once the second one is up, I'll stop coughing.

Knit on...
::hack, cough, cough::

No comments: